After a few months of suspicion, I'm pretty sure that I do, in fact, hate cats. Surprisingly, even having my pillow used to hide vomit didn't convince me. Incessant attacks on our pleasant cat came close, but in the end, there is basically nothing a living organism can do to antagonize me more quickly than to cry loudly for no apparent reason and then slink out from under my touch as I pet it. Adopting a cat is like adopting a baby that hates you.
I hope our Rottweiler will like to tussle as much as she does.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Friend, I have had a lot of cats (somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15) and it sounds like you just have a particularly chatty one. If you didn't get it when it was a kitten it may have something to do with how it was raised. If it's a Siamese, then, sorry, but you have a particularly "chatty" breed.
Cats do like to be reclusive. But usually, they'll come sit on your lap and allow you to pet them some of the time. Maybe yours is just taking longer to get used to you?
The vomiting is suspicious, though. In my experiences, cats usually only vomit up furballs every once in a great while. Your cat may be eating too much grass or may be sick. ? Maybe that's why it won't let you pet it, maybe it's got a sick stomache?
In any case, I'm sorry it's not working out like you'd planned!
Wow. Thanks for the long comment, JB. Yup, you got it--she's a Siamese. It sure sounds like she wants something, though. Maybe she does indeed feel sick.
.
I bet it would like to tussle with the cat.
Adopting a cat is like adopting a baby that hates you.
That is SO quotable. Best line I've read all day.
{grins} Thanks, Eleka. And thanks for the vote about my Canadianness.
I've heard that some of the ancient Egyptians worshipped cats. Now we know why their civilization crumbled.
Ha ha ha. Too busy cleaning up vomit to maintain an empire.
i was going to make the same comment eleka made. this blog is great. we need to play nintendo soon.
Thanks, Cassian. Yes. I'm going to a party this weekend, but soon.
Post a Comment