I don't have any agenda here
First off, thanks to my Xanga commenters. Debbie and Grant provided lucid commentary on statistical stereotyping, with Debbie pointing out that it encourages such injustice as simply refusing to hire women on the grounds that they're eligible for maternity leave. Hmmmm. Actually, now that I consider that, I'm tempted to make a counter-argument about, say, the mentally challenged not having a choice in the way they were born either, though businesses are still entitled to not hire them where it doesn't make fiscal sense. It's not a compelling point, but at least an interesting one. Grant added noteworthy empirical evidence and an excellent point about mob mentality. I'd highly recommend the full text of their objections.
One of these days the part of me that hopes to see a relationship unexpectedly blossom from a friendship and the part of me that gets annoyed at having to talk to girls we've already established aren't attracted to us are going to go into a cage for a rumble. With a kodiak bear. And the cage will be on fire. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.
So apparently sometimes cryptic little LJ references really can improve relationships. Who'da thunk. I'm grateful, at any rate. And hesitantly hopeful.
Today was good. Didn't really do anything other than take Eric out driving again. Pity that it doesn't earn me diplomas or money. I ate some tasty potatoes, though. And confirmed that BYU still does not have my ecclesiastical endorsement. Yeah, I think I'm done.
Oh, one random awesome thing: apparently Lacie knows a girl at Allegheny who speaks fluent modern Bradenian. Including "j"->"ch" and terminal schwas. I'm flabbergasted.
0 comments:
Post a Comment