Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I am no Sherman

Video game currently found anti-awesome and an half: Pikmin. For serious, I played it while dogsitting, and I cannot imagine a game less enjoyable unless it involved constant epileptic seizures, or perhaps electrodes attached to my retinas via pushpin. First off, I'll admit that I lost, which greatly colored my impression of it. It didn't feel like a game, but like an horrible class where the teacher announces that you start off with a zero and have to build yourself up to a ninety-three, and every day it becomes more and more clear that you can't reach the goal. At least in legendary Halo you can atone for your mistakes.

Furthermore, you know how it involves cute little creatures that run around with you, so as to be appealing to little kids? Yeah. The game consists mainly of watching them slaughtered mercilessly. "Now, Braden," you might say, "that's because you suck at video games." No. If a strategy guide tells you it knows how to get a "clean kill" on any major enemy, it is lying. This is Pokemon meets Grand Theft Auto. The ground runs red and blue and yellow with Pikmin blood. You can't even get a "clean walking down the beach," for pity's sakes, because the accursed things wander into the water and drown, and your protagonist marvels at their path-finding abilities. Here's an ability to work on, morons: don't march into the sea! Or into fire! BlueJ's rating: zero stars. Also zero right not to have its creators repeatedly gutpunched.

Okay, maybe it gets one star for providing such splendid entry material. But that's all.

So it's four in the morning, and I'm going to try to catch this thing up. We'll see how that turns out.

Apparently it doesn't. I just spent an hour outlining the things I want to talk about, and I know there are still a few points I'm forgetting, but I'm too tired to remember them, let alone flesh this all out. Sorry. It'll come. Well, I can take care of today. I got a low B on my sociology midterm. We played a little Halo, then went to the grocery store. I came home and posted on blue-beta. Now I am eating the coconut we bought. Yum.

2 comments:

Robert Anthony Pierce said...

I can't believe you met ME, and all you have to talk about is some crappy video game that you hated. you need to sort yourself out, boy. Naw, I'm just joshin' with ya.

Braden said...

Surely there was some sense in saving such a monumental experience for when I had time to treat it properly, m'lord. Unfortunately, time flees; I have a missionary committee meeting tonight, then a seven-page linguistics draft to do. It'll come.