Arizona: Jimmy Eat World, Flagstaff, and saguaros
A few appendices:
I am also grateful that my bishop inexplicably adores me. Even if he called me a sweet spirit.
Halo Zero's a delightful hour of 2-d platform adventure combat.
It was sort of dumb of me to suggest that the crucial question in accepting the Atonement is "whether we can reform ourselves or need the guiding and refining influence of the Holy Ghost"; clearly the more important point is whether a redeeming divine influence factually exists. However, they're functionally equivalent to me, because if the Gospel is true, logical humanism is insufficient to save humanity, and the idea that there is no God and humanity cannot save itself is too depressing for me to consider.
I wish Covey addressed the concept of meta-centers in Divine Center, it seems to me that he assumes the reader will make the changes he recommends because of a purple meta-center, a desire to do justly and effectively. However, this is not the only way to approach a divine center; any meta-center other than will to destroy can lead to a divine center, because God offers us the deepest understanding of truth, the greatest power, the most loving relationships, the most enduring happiness. Having read your most recent entry, I would that you would consider this, Asmond: as Dr. Manning put it, the object of his counseling with me was not to root out my laziness, but to help me find a sustainable lifestyle in which I can be lazy. Even if indeed you care only for yourself, you will best achieve your aims by focusing on God.
6 comments:
Arizona: Warmth in all seasons, family, festivities, and Bawb never posts again. Merry Christmas.
I blew off your comment?
Well, I am basically a jerk.
But really, I've been meaning to come to blue-beta for ages... I've just been afraid I'd spend way more time there than I can afford. I'll get on it.
Merry Christmas.
Hmm. That's not how you spell "Alexander." The "lax" in it immediately made me think he is a person of laxatives. I like Dr. Manning's counsel, and your application to Asmond's selfishness, but I have to wonder whether it's true. It could be that that's a slightly purple-skewed bit of reasoning (functionality over intent). Anyway, you're a blessing to the rest of us regardless of which greater maxims are true.
I'm beginning to suspect that there is a redeemer...and I'm not quite sure what to do with my suspicions.
Alrighty, so how do I do that updating thing? The thing that tells me who has updated.
.
Oh dear....
Have you died again?
Post a Comment