A few months ago, I considered blogging that, even though I'll never get used to the system in which our blue dumpster is for dirty trash and green is for clean, I love that Sandy picks up our garbage later in the day, so if I forget at night, I can put it out in the morning.
Two weeks ago, though, I came home and saw a note on the dumpster. "WARNING: I run this street between 7:15 and 7:30. Cans must be on the street by 7:30. Thanks." Duly chastened, when we came home late Sunday night this week, I put the cans out on the curb. When I came home from work, I saw another note. "FINAL WARNING: Cans must be on the street by 7:30 on Monday." I'd forgotten that we'd taken Monday off and put them out a day late, but he'd still picked up our trash. Um, dear everyone: please do not do nice things for me if it will make you hate me. I promise, the last thing I want is an undying feud with my trash collector.
I'm pretty sure that all but 1 of the 119 Google results for "bluej100" are me. Kind of fun looking over my history on the web.
Jeff Atwood's right: Windows Vista Jeff Atwood Edition is reasonably pleasant to use. I've been reformatting 'Brozy's sister's laptop, and I think that at this point I would actually not kill myself if work made me use Windows.
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, our garbage collector person is confusing. I'd strongly prefer that werf just leave the trash alone when we put it out at the wrong time, so we can avoid all this hatage.
Although it does make me want to put the cans out late, just one more time, to see what the warning precedes.
Intriguingly, I found your blog again this evening through that same Google search. Take that, massively stacked odds against that happening today.
And even more coincidentally, I tried Grey Goose last night. Freaky. (Not more than a shot in a cup of orange juice, probably.)
Post a Comment