Sunday, June 10, 2007

status

Life has been really good these last couple weeks. We helped Jon Boy and Brinestone move, and they gave us Cafe Rio. Such good enchiladas. I actually enjoy carrying things around; it's a nice change of pace. Speaking of which, I also helped put up DAZ's motion capture studio. It's pretty impressive. The guys who sold it to us said that you could probably walk across those spans.

That night, we went and played Settlers of Catan with The Franchise and Cinderella. Great to see our Salt Lake couple friends, especially in the same day so we only have to drive up once.

We've been playing a lot of Age of Empires recently. 'Brozy's brothers are both legitimately good already, so we tried a 4v4 against the computer on hard, but 'Brozy and I got annihilated. (They decided I was the biggest threat, since I was leading the scoreboard, and plowed through her to get me.) 'Brozy and I did a couple more 4v4s tonight with two computer allies (all on hard still) and won twice. It's funny playing the computer--on hard, they're quite difficult, even though they have no idea how to use units effectively, whether on offense or defense.

The Ben Folds concert in Las Vegas was decent. We didn't see any, really, of Ben Folds' renowned crowd involvement, which was a shame, but eh, it's still good music. It was actually the low point of the trip--dinner at Claim Jumper's was amazing (thanks, Janssen!), and Apples to Apples with my uncle's family was fun.

3 comments:

Janssen said...

Sweet! Glad you enjoyed it - I haven't been in ages. Sad times, indeed.

ambrosia ananas said...

Oh, goodness. Yes it was. Best pot pie ever. And fantastic quesadillas. So . . . when are we going back?

Braden said...

Yum yum yum. You know, if we go to Arizona this summer, they have a Claim Jumper there . . .