Monday, July 31, 2006

that no one can interpret

So I've had this dream twice now. I'm on the planning committee for this pizza party (all parties are pizza parties in my dreamland, and I strive to rebuild the material world in imitation of this), and basically my only contribution is suggesting we order cucumbers from this exclusive, world-class online retailer.

The night of the party arrives, and I hear the package at the door, right on time. I open it up to find a single cucumber, meticulously packaged, and an invoice for fifty dollars, including shipping. I'm horrified, of course, to be responsible for such an inefficient purchase, and I go to the rest of the committee to apologize.

To my astonishment, they're good-natured about the cost; we slice it up and exult together in savoring it. A foot long, more cool and refreshing than a watermelon, more crisp than an apple, and nearly as smooth as three mangoes, this is truly a king among cucumbers.

And then I wake up.

Honestly? Pretty sure I just really, really like vegetables. Tomorrow it'll be edamame.

5 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

You. Are. So. Weird. But at least now I know what to get you for your next birthday.

Anonymous said...

I was going to come up with a really witty interpretation of this utterly bizarre dream, but then I realized that it simply couldn't be done.

JB said...

Yay, Pizza!! I have to say, though, pizza with cucumbers on it is strange idea. If I liked cucumbers I'd have to try it.

Braden said...

Oh, no. We didn't put it on the pizza. I think that cucumbers are amazing on their own.

Etelmik said...

This reminds me of our conversations and our (potential) aspirations in the business world. It's gotta be that.

Unless you go the Freudian route. Let's stick with gmail chats.