with a cherry on top
So, I've finally finished the PrinTeam website, so I can let myself start updating again. For the moment, though, a microupdate. This is a usability survey I've drawn up. It's quite important to me; I'd say I'm calling in all favors, except that I can think of but three who would be obligated thereby, and one of them is seven years old. Failing that, I will reward any testers with a candy bar or bag of small candies of choice upon next meeting. Failing that, pretty please. I'd like to say that I ran a usability test on a sample of reasonable size when I start applying for jobs soon. As you explore the site, please imagine that you have Googled "printing," found AZPrinteam.com, and would like to get a price quote on embossed wedding announcements. (In this hypothetical, we have search engine presence.) Do whatever you like; I've been pretty thorough in security, and the order form's set to e-mail me for the moment, rather than the company. By the way, you can have a gander at the backend if you like; I've temporarily enabled the username and password guest:guest and removed the sensitive files. 1. I have tested this site in Internet Explorer 6 and in Firefox 1, both in Windows XP, and in Lynx on Unix, all over a broadband connection. Were your circumstances unique from these? 1a. If you were using a phone-line connection, did you find download times reasonable? 2. Was anything obviously non-functional? 3. Did anything surprise you (e.g., did it differ from what you have come to expect online)? 3a. If so, did this impede your usage, even temporarily? 4. What was your overall impression of the site's visual design? 4a. Did color contrast, text size, font, or column width make any content difficult to read? 5. Was the information provided useful? 5a. Was content written clearly and concisely? 5b. Did you notice the store's contact information? 5c. Did it address the specific question for which you visited the site? 5ci. If not, how would you get your question answered? 5d. Did the content assure you of company quality without sounding like exaggeration or marketese? 6. Was the "Request Quote" page intuitive and easy to use? 6a. Would you prefer separate fields for quantity, size, etc.? 6b. Did you expect a page asking you to confirm input after the initial form? 6c. Did you use the upload tool to send a file with your request? 6ci. Would you have preferred a separate page specifically for uploading? 6cii. Did the confirmation messages make you confident your files would be received? 6ciii. Would uploading multiple files be annoying? If so, would it be alleviated by having several file selection fields? 6d. If you experimented with providing unusual input, did you find any security issues? 6e. Did the "Thank You" page leave you confident that your question would be answered? 6ei. Would you have appreciated a confirmation e-mail? 7. Would you be comfortable placing an order without visiting the store in person or contacting the company by phone? 7i. Would you feel more comfortable if the site had an "About Us" page with pictures of the shop and/or employees? 8. Would any other changes improve your experience? Remember, I am in charge of visual design, content, coding, and security, so please don't hesitate to make any suggestions.
1 comments:
You make perfect sense to me. Someday, I'll actually understand the whole peircian theory deal. Well, at least to a point where I don't sound like a raving loon. Oh wait, that's all the time. ;)
Post a Comment