Thursday, May 26, 2005

try if you can to make it last

Yo. Thanks for the blogspot and LJ comments. Any Social Distortion fans out there? I really enjoy "Reach for the Sky"; it has a wonderfully angry sound to an upbeat message. (Well, sort of a funny upbeat purple, what with the anti-naivete and focus on the present.)

So Mum's gone home. We had lunch at Applebee's, though, and apparently their Cowboy Burger is sheer brilliance. (Man, I'm so horribly orange about vegetarianism.) It's sure nice how well we get along now; my greening was probably the best thing to come out of my relationship with Lacie (I was more purple than green for most of my life, actually, and retain enough of it for Smurfs initially assign me there), and Mum slides orange/yellow far more easily than I would have imagined.

I forgot to mention that when I went to the Bean Museum the other day, I wandered into the basement auditorium and sat in on a reptiles presentation. I actually learned some fun facts, even though it was designed for eight-year-olds, and it was a good reminder to me to work on learning additive yellow; she did a marvelous job of keeping the kidlets involved, making it fun, and not getting annoyed by the squalling. I tend to teach very purply, pushing all of the basic information through with minimal editorializing and relying on the student to ask for clarification. I'm decent with yellow creativity in finding other perspectives from which to give that clarification, but I need to work on anticipating those needs.

In truth, I just need to become more additive in general; it's a rare group in which I fit well, because I don't naturally assume any functions. In purple and green, I've started more arguments on blue-beta than I've soothed, but social situations always find me in the corner, never directing activity. As yellow/orange, I only come into the center of attention long enough to act immature and then flee back into green. Seriously, the most additive thing I've done lately is start making my bed, and that's hardly the strength of purple. Yaargh. So maybe that's the objective instead of trying to learn red.

Went and hung out with Shoebox, TO, and two very pleasant female friends of Shoebox last night. Didn't really do anything, just got some Beto's and Wal-Mart mini-pies and sandals for Shoebox. (Shoebox starts to look unlike a word very quickly.) It was fairly pleasant, though I seem to fit very poorly in any group with TO. Expectable, I suppose, but pretty disappointing, 'cause he's a neat guy.

What a dreadful little entry this has been. Sorry, but I'm in a rather bad mood, and am still working on a way to kill time while they precipitate out.

3 comments:

MissE said...

Bawb my friend - you are a wonderful addition to my day. I do have to say however, this post is in semiotic code and anyone who didn't at least have a working knowledge of it would be lost.

I admire your vegetarian-ism. I few years ago it really would have bugged me - but now I see it as a way to be kind to one's digestive tract (and maybe save a few animals...but probably not)

You are probably more additive than you know. Someone once said I am the most additive purple imaginable. Based on today's BB performance I would question that assessment. (But I suppose my behavior supported the apologizing purple theory) Oh well. Enough about me - this is your blogg. Revel in your greenness - I know I do.

Gregory said...

I need to catch up on my colors.

Etelmik said...

Sorry, dude.

Funny thing is I don't think I was very green that night. Mainly orange and then red and purple. But not green. It was a five-place, though. Then when when we had the four place I suppose it was awkward for you being a blue or something. Girl yellow, shoe orange, me red? Switching orange and red? Climbing through the balls? Yeah.