Tuesday, April 28, 2009

done

Hope my teacher likes to get eleven-page papers with three-page data appendices when he asks for twenty pages. Without further ado, Labor Mobility in South and East Asia (.doc). It's poorly written, but I spent a lot of time on it, and it has SQL queries as footnotes. Abstract:

South and East Asia exhibit consistent migration participation rates of only half the global average. Several factors contribute to this result, including the exceptional size of India and China and the rise of outsourcing. However, the large Asian migrant stocks in the Middle East imply that legal restrictions on immigration in most of the developed world are the primary determinants of Asian migration. Evidence on the failure of factor-price equalization by trade and on the effects of migration suggests that these policies lead to significantly inefficient outcomes.

7 comments:

Lunkwill said...

Not bad. Change the font to comic sans, find some brightly colored paper, add a picture of a unicorn and you're all set!

ambrosia ananas said...

I am so excited that you are done. It will be nice to see you again. : )

Shawna said...

The abstract sounds pretty solid. I'd read it, since it sounds interesting, but I'm struggling to turn in my own paper on the Philippines' world trade policy. It's already a day late. Shoot.

angela hardison said...

Braden! Hope you're doing well. 11-page papers don't sound very fun to me.

Braden said...

Thanks for dropping by, Angela. I was excited to find you two blogging. (I'm mostly using Twitter and Google Reader at this point, but I'll probably post every couple months on here.)

B.G. Christensen said...

Hey, what did you do with BAWB?

Braden said...

Eh, I've just connected with more people on Blogger who don't know me through the Board.