Saturday, September 29, 2007

FMSLogo is absurdly fun. I like the idea of paying my kids to do clever tricks with it.


(Download my current workspace.)

Also, I'm mildly embarrassed to admit that I mostly use Windows at home now--for me, coming out of hibernation smoothly in less than fifteen seconds is a killer app. Suspend to disk in MEPIS still looks and feels pretty much like Jeff Goldblum hacking the mothership.

2 comments:

Lunkwill said...

Really, Windows? Really? That just seems so... weird... to think of it being preferable.

Asus has a mobo with embedded linux that's even faster:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=869

Although I don't think my machine takes much more than a minute to boot. Which I don't have to do often anyway, since I always leave it on.

Lady Steed said...

Those stars are beautiful.

Also, when I was in elementary school I remember using the Turtle program. However, I never drew anything as remarkable as your stars--mostly just squares and triangle.