Firefox smart keywords
It's been tough for me deciding what browser to use. Firefox is, of course, a crown jewel of Open Source, and has AdBlock, the Web Developer toolbar, and Firebug. With its respectable market share, it's pretty obvious what the best choice is for web development. I have a hard time tearing myself away from Konqueror's Web Shortcuts, though--using a simple interface, it's easy to set up prefixes you can put in the URL bar to search, say, Google or Wikipedia.
Until today, when I finally got my query string right to find the equivalent Firefox feature my old boss had told me about. Enter smart keywords. I now have the following prefixes set up:
- g: http://google.com/search?q=%s
- gi: http://images.google.com/images?q=%s
- w: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=%s
- d: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=%s
- p: http://php.net/%s
- imdb: http://imdb.com/Find?%s
Life is good. Try it out.
3 comments:
I love BAWB. It's true.
Wow. I'm so setting this up.
Hmm, not sure where to comment so you'll see it - most unfortunate. Anyway, the first picture is generic, of the flat screen (hooray, google images), but the second picture sans TV is indeed our living room.
Post a Comment