the gardener
a bawbsvithe (and a true story)
Today an old Lebanese man gave 'Brozy and me three grapevine cuttings. To care for a new vine, he counseled us, "Lay all but an inch along the ground and cover it with soil, so there's plenty of room for roots. Plant it in a sunny place, and water it as often as it takes to keep the soil moist."
Then he took us out back and showed us how to tend a mature vine. Examining each branch, he tied high on the trellis every part that had fallen. Then he pruned the hell out of it.
5 comments:
I hope you've tradmarked the term "bawbsvithe."
Or trademarked it. Either way.
You'll notice that I'm avoiding thinking of this as a metaphor for my life on account of I don't like to believe I'd be much, much better off if someone came and chopped away half of me.
HA! It's so true.
.
I probably would be....
Post a Comment